Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tunisian Crochet

 I have restarted my desire to do Tunisian crochet.  I have been playing around with it for years.  I will be posting some of the things that I made soon.  I might even give a few tips and tricks to learn this old craft.
  Tunisian is almost a cross between knit and crochet.  There is no wrong way to do it either, only a few basic rules to follow.  You can make it your own.
  After I learned how to crochet I played around with different things.  I would load up my crochet hook up with loops and take them off.  I had no idea that it had a name, or it was even real stitches.  Then years later I found a long crochet hook at a second hand store.  It was called crochet knit hooks.  The two crochet hooks were connected by a cord.  There were not a lot of directions with it.  There was no internet to search.  It was all trial and error.  It is still trial and error.  Maybe that is why I like it so much.
  So my thought for the day is, make your crafts the way you want.  Make it your own and enjoy it.  If someone tells you that it is wrong, tell them it is my invention.  Like it or lump it.
  Have a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment